Kratom Strain Types
1. “White For Flight”
White vein kratom contains a higher amount of mitragynine and is typically used to enhance concentration and boost energy. It is also used to relieve depression due to it’s euphoric properties, you should take white kratom strains only during the daytime.
2. “Red For Bed”
Red kratom strains are considered to be the most calming, sedative strain, thanks to the 7-hydroxymitragyine. Red kratom is also considered an excellent pain reliever. Many consider it to be the best kratom type to mitigate anxiety. Red kratom strains are also used for chronic pain conditions, musculoskeletal injuries, insomnia and anxiety.
3. “Green For In Between”
Green kratom varieties act like a mix of white and red strains. It is stimulating and improves mood and concentration, like the white kratom strains, but its effects are more subtle. People with social phobia favor green kratom strains, as they contribute to growing sociability. It is better not to take green kratom in the evening or before going to bed, as it can disrupt sleep. The effects of the green kratom strains can last up to 8 hours.
Basic Kratom Overview
Dosages depend on the purpose for which Kratom is being used, and the individual’s sensitivity. It’s prudent to start off with a small amount (one or two grams) to determine your sensitivity to Kratom. It’s also wise to make sure your system is “clean”.. ie. no other drugs, especially opiate type pain medications and/or MAO inhibitors.
Some people put Kratom powder in gelatin capsules, others make a tea from the leaf and some mix the powder in citris juice or just toss it in their mouth and wash it down with a liquid (toss and wash). Either way, investing in a small gram scale is a good idea to take the guesswork out of preparing dosages. However, I’ve found that a hand packed (and tamped) size 00 gelatin capsule holds just over 1/2 gram of Kratom leaf powder. However it can hold more depending on how tightly packed it is.
Anecdotal reports indicate at small doses, Kratom acts like a stimulant. At moderate doses it acts like a pain reliever and at larger doses it functions as a sleep aid.
Users also claim that the color of the vein determines the effect to some degree. A popular “catch phrase” in the Kratom community is “White for Flight, Red for Bed and Green For In Between”.
Kratom dosages will vary from person to person since everyone has a different level of tolerance/sensitivity. It’s best to start low and work your way up to your ‘sweet spot’ for whatever purpose you are taking Kratom for.
However, here are some ball park estimates for regular kratom leaf powder (not extracts or enhanced kratom):
- Starting doses: 2 to 3 grams. Then allow up to 40 minutes for the kratom to take effect. If after 4 hours you do not feel any effects at all, or they are too mild, you can raise your dose by 0.5 g.
- Low doses: 2 to 4 grams of Kratora kratom powder. It will produce mild stimulant and energizing effects.
- Moderate doses: 4 to 5 grams of Kratora kratom powder. It will bring about stimulant and painkilling effects.
- High doses: 5 to 8 grams. This dosage is reported to produce strong sedative and painkilling effects. It is a common kratom dose for very strong pain or for opiate withdrawal. However, this dosage is too high for most users.
- Very high doses: 8 to 10 grams. Not recommended! This dosage of Kratora’s kratom powder will bring about very sedating, opiate-like effects and could even create stupor.
How to Dose Kratom Responsibly
More in depth information about Kratom doses, strains and effects can be found on the following web sites:
A Leaf of Faith Kratom Documentary: https://www.amazon.com/Leaf-Faith-Joe-Rogan/dp/B07D9WGBZX